Each cup can be re-infused at least twice!
Ingredients: Butterfly Pea flowers, calendula and peppermint
Why drink our Butterfly Pea Tea?
Butterfly Pea Flower (Clitoria ternatea) is making a global impact in the world of tea lovers. This beautiful tea flower has a bright blue color that is released when steeping them in hot or cold water, amazing!
Imagine, for centuries in Southeast Asia, this very vibrant herbal tea has been used as a plant-based natural food dye. Even more amazing, when an acidic ingredient such as fresh citrus, or lemon juice is added to infused Butterfly Pea Flower Tea it transforms into a lovely shade of royal purple.
Butterfly pea is an edible flower, and has been used in Ayurveda and Asian/Middle Eastern medicine for its numerous health benefits and its immune enhancing properties.
The key ingredient, anthocyanins provides he blue color and helps to boost circulation and collagen production, while it prevents premature aging. This tea is used to alleviate stress, improve your mood and balance blood sugar levels. It also strengthens hair for healthy growth and to prevent hair loss. It possesses anti-cancer properties, treats urinary problems and detoxifies the whole body.
- No sweeteners, preservatives or artificial flavoring
- 100% natural, caffeine-free
- Steeping time: 2-3 minutes for 250 ml/8fl.oz - (98 °C/208 °F boiling water)
- Amount of loose-leaf tea per person: 1-2 teaspoons of loose-leaf tea (only needs to include 3-4 butterfly pea flower petals)
- Add some drops of lemon (or any acidic fruit) and watch the blue color change to purple!
- If you use an infuser, it is best to remove the infuser after your tea is done steeping. Note that while teas may be used for multiple infusions, ultimately this is influenced by your preferred strength of tea and personal experience, although there are differing opinions about optimal tea brewing.
Try adding some lemon or other citrus drops and watch the amazing transformation of color! All natural!